Professor of Computer Science
Faculty Group: Systems & Architecture
Ph.D., Stanford University, 2001
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1995
Honors & Awards
IBM Faculty Award, 2006
NSF CAREER Award, 2003
Databases and data-intensive systems in general, with particular interests in scalable data analytics and computational journalism.
- You Wu, Pankaj K. Agarwal, Chengkai Li, Jun Yang, and Cong Yu. "On 'One of the Few' Objects." In Proceedings of the 18th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD '12), Beijing, China, August 2012.
- Yi Zhang and Jun Yang. "Optimizing I/O for Big Array Analytics." Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (PVLDB), 5(8):764-775, June 2012.
- Sarah Cohen, Chengkai Li, Jun Yang, and Cong Yu. "Computational Journalism: A Call to Arms to Database Researchers." In Proceedings of the 5th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR '11), Asilomar, California, USA, January 2011. Third-place winner of the Best Outrageous Ideas and Vision Track Paper Competition sponsored by the Computing Community Consortium, January 2011.
- Pankaj K. Agarwal, Junyi Xie, Jun Yang, and Hai Yu. "Input-Sensitive Scalable Continuous Join Query Processing." ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS), 34(3):1-41, August 2009.
- Adam Silberstein, Gavino Puggioni, Alan Gelfand, Kamesh Munagala, and Jun Yang. "Suppression and Failures in Sensor Networks: A Bayesian Approach." In Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '07), Vienna, Austria, September 2007.
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Jun Yang