Pankaj K. Agarwal
RJR Nabisco Professor of Computer Science, Professor of Mathematics
Faculty Group: Algorithms
Ph.D., Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, 1989
M.S., University of California-Santa Barbara, 1986
B.E., University of Roorkee, 1982
Honors & Awards
ACM Fellow, 2002; Bass Society of Fellows, 2000; Alfred P. Sloan Fellow, 1996; National Young Investigator, 1993.
Computational and combinatorial geometry, massive data processing, geographic information systems, ecological modeling, computational molecular biology, robotics.
- "An improved algorithm for computing the volume of the union of cubes," in Proc. 26th Annual Symp. Comput. Geom., 2010.
- "Natural neighbor interpolation based grid DEM construction using a GPU," with A. Beutel and T. Molhave, in Proc. 19th ACM Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (best paper), 2010.
- "Embeddings of surfaces, curves, and moving points in Euclidean space,"” with S. Har-Peled and H. Yu, to appear in SIAM J. Computing.
- "A near-linear time eps-approximation algorithm for geometric bipartite matching," with R. Sharathkumar, in Proc. 44th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, 2012.
- "Processing a large number of continuous preference Top-k queries," with A. Yu and J. Yang, to appear in Proc. ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, 2012.
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Pankaj K. Agarwal